Through BIGGA's Ecology and Sustainability expert, James Hutchinson, we can assist all members and their golf clubs with environmental, ecological, woodland and grassland management reports, walk and talk member afternoons or provide valuable advice and guidance on rare or protected species prior to golf course development.
BIGGA can help you with:
- Undertaking presentations on ecology, environmental management and golf club member walk and talks
- Developing woodland, ecological, grassland, wildflower and general flora/fauna management plans
- Undertaking education afternoons with individual and/or groups of greenkeepers
James has visited over 140 individual golf courses to offer assistance and guidance where environmental matters are concerned.
Upwards of 20 plans developed to date
Daily social media updates on twitter @Ecology1BIGGA regarding golf club wildlife sightings
Greenkeeping is challenging and rewarding in equal measure. It brings together the management of land, resources and customer expectations to present high quality playing surfaces on great golf courses that contribute to the protection of our natural and cultural heritage.
Greenkeepers make decisions that are significant to the sustainability performance of the industry, and to a large degree determine golf’s reputation as a responsible steward. Click Sustainable Golf for more information.
In a nutshell....
Environmental and Ecology Management reports
Ecology and Enviromental Management presentations
Golf Club member walk and talks
Greenkeeper ecology education workshops
Ecology/Environmental liaison to coordinate with outside groups on behalf of your golf club
Don't be just a 'card-carrying' member of BIGGA, take a closer look at the membership benefits available to you and start to raise your profile as a greenkeeper today.
- Our People
- BIGGA Regions
History of Greenkeepers' Associations
- About the author
- Introduction (Pre-1912)
- 1912 - 1919
- 1920 - 1929
- 1930 - 1939
- 1940 - 1949
- 1950 - 1959
- 1960 - 1969
- 1970 - 1979
- 1980 - 1987
- EIGGA 1983 - 1986
- Greenkeeper Education and Training
- Greenkeeping Families
- Greenkeepers' Associations and Golf
- BIGGA National Tournament
- Publications for Greenkeepers' Associations
- Association Officials
- Greenkeeping Acronyms
- Ecology Bulletin
- Greenkeeper International
- GreenCast Weather Forecast
- Sustainable Golf
- History of Greenkeepers' Associations
- Affiliated Associations
- Our Partners and Education Supporters