Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust
The Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust awards 20 scholars annually. The scholarship enables recipients to carry out research projects that could have the potential to revolutionise practices within their particular sector (and potentially beyond). The funding awarded is in excess of £24,000.
The Worshipful Company of Gardeners, Education Committee, chaired by Stephen Bernhard is the sponsor of this scholarship, which is match funded by the Nuffield Foundation. As the sponsor, the Gardeners Company wish to find, encourage and mentor applicants for the full grant.
Benefits to scholars includes the opportunity to travel anywhere in the world, for a period of no less than 8 weeks, to further their knowledge and understanding of their chosen study topic. On return from their travels a written report has to be submitted and will be published, presenting their findings, the conclusions reached and recommendations to their sector of the industry, at the Annual Nuffield Farming Conference. Scholars would also be expected to use all other means at their disposal to spread the knowledge they have gained within the industry and beyond.
To be eligible applicants must be:
- Aged between 22-45
- In full time employment
- Working within the horticulture, farming, food, rural and associated industries, or are in a position to influence these industries
- Well established in their career and demonstrate a passion for the industry they work in and be three years post tertiary education. There is no requirement for academic qualifications
- Resident in the UK and hold a UK passport or be working directly for UK agriculture
- Scholarships will not awarded to anyone in full-time education or to further research projects
- Shortlisted candidates will go through an interview process
- Scholars will be announced in October and invited to attend an Awards Ceremony in November
Applications generally open on January 1st and close on July 31st.
For further information visit http://www.nuffieldscholar.org/
- Continue to Learn at BTME
- Future Turf Managers Initiative
- Continuing Professional Development
- Master Greenkeeper Certificate
- Toro Student Greenkeeper of the Year
- Greenkeepers Training Committee
- Volunteering - How to get involved