Tournament Support and How to Get Involved
Why should you become a volunteer?
- Help you feel active, useful and productive
- Demonstrate personal and professional potential and growth development
- Develop professional skills, including problem solving and organisational abilities
- Advance your BIGGA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits to enhance your CV
- Assist you in building experience for applications to prestigious events, e.g. Open Support teams, BMW Wentworth and the TPC Sawgrass initiative
- Enable networking and making new friends and contacts
- Help you rediscover the joy in greenkeeping
There are many amateur and professional golf tournaments held around the UK and some courses may need additional support during these events.
Make a start by finding out which tournaments your local courses are participating in and contacting the Head Greenkeepers or Course Managers to ask if they need staff reinforcement for the duration of the event.
BIGGA members are offered exlusive access to some opportunities and can find out about events seeking voluntary support in our Volunteering section of the members area.
Evian Championship 2020
Contact Peter A. Wisbey
07849 659 254
We are looking for volunteers to assist the Evian greenkeeping team for the duration of this years vian Championship. Ideally candidates should be available for advance and Championship weeks; 13 through 26 July, although availability for just one of these weeks will also be considered.
The Evian Chapionship is one of the five Majors in women's golf and the only one held on mainland Europe on the French shores of Lake Geneva within the Evian Resort Golf Club, in Evian-les-Bains. It also has the second largest purse after the US Open.
We are offering the opportunity for eight volunteers to join the Evian team during this years Championship.
The successful candidates will be given the opportunit to carry out a full range of tasks including walk mowing greens, tees and approached as well as mowing fairways.
Evian will pay for return flights to Geneva, transfers and accommodation as well as all meals including a welcome BBQ. Polo shirts and baseball caps will be supplied.
- Continue to Learn at BTME
- Future Turf Managers Initiative
- Continuing Professional Development
- Master Greenkeeper Certificate
- Toro Student Greenkeeper of the Year
- Greenkeepers Training Committee
- Volunteering - How to get involved
Find out about BIGGA events in your areaWhat's On