Supported by Baroness
Thanks to generous support from Baroness, Scholarships for BIGGA members undertaking their Level 3 qualification in Sportsturf are available.
Designed to help greenkeeper members of BIGGA to gain their technical and supervisory qualification, the scholarships may be awarded to those studying for the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Work-based Horticulture (Sports Turf - Greenkeeper)
- SVQ Level 3 Sports Turf Management
The fund may award scholarships of up to 50% of the cost of the course however, it will be capped at £1000.
All Full members of BIGGA, who hold a Level 2 qualification (or equivalent) can apply for a Level 3 Sportsturf scholarship.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following:
1. Be a Full Member of BIGGA
2. Have been a BIGGA Member for a minimum of 2 years
3. Be employed as a full-time greenkeeper
4. Hold a Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Sportsturf
5. Must not already be funded through the Apprenticeship scheme
6. Provide confirmation from the training provider that you have been accepted on the course and showing the total cost of the qualification
If you are awarded a Baroness Level 3 Scholarship your name will be included:
- On the BIGGA website
- In posts across BIGGA's social media platforms
- In Greenkeeper International
Your details will also be shared with Baroness.
To apply for a Level 3 Scholarship, download an application form from your My BIGGA pages.
2020 Scholarships have been awarded to:
2019 Scholarships have been awarded to:
- Continue to Learn 2021
- Future Turf Managers Initiative (FTMI)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Master Greenkeeper Certificate
- Toro Student Greenkeeper of the Year
- Greenkeepers Training Committee
- Volunteering - How to get involved