Class 1: How to Develop Personal Confidence
Class 1: How to Develop Personal Confidence and be More Assertive
By possessing the ability to assert yourself positively you will achieve self-confidence, be more self-aware, have higher self-esteem, and enhance your reputation as being an honest and effective communicator.
The key to assertiveness is positive thinking. Assertive people have a positive self-image, use positive language, and look for positive and win-win outcomes. They respect other people’s views and opinions, even if they don’t share them.
• Understand where confidence comes form
• Recognising and manage instinctive responses
• Know the importance of Rights & Responsibilities
• Be able to use the six styles of assertiveness
• Use the secret of the DESC script
• Implement the formula for changing how we interact
• Always remember to plan for assertiveness
Speaker: Michael Astrop, Coach the Mind
Michael Astrop is the Principal of Coach the Mind. Michael has been speaking, writing and coaching on communication and human behaviour for over 20 years, working with a wide range of public sector and commercial organisations. A regular on the Continue to Learn programme, Michael also delivers training for BIGGA sections and regions and for the Future Turf Managers Initiative