Entries open for the BIGGA Photographic Competition 2019
Bill Whybrow's image of Royal Bled won the 2018 Photographic Competition
BIGGA's annual photographic calendar is back, with a brand new Apple iPad up for grabs for the winner.
BIGGA members work in some of the most spectacular scenery and landscapes anywhere in the world and, with most carrying smartphones in their pocket, it's never been easier to snap an incredible picture and get involved with the photographic competition.
This year we're looking for images that showcase excellence in greenkeeping, highlighting how a well-presented course can enhance the surrounding environment. Images of greenkeepers at work within the context of the wider landscap are especially encouraged.
The winner of this year's competition will receive a brand new Apple iPad 32GB and a framed print of their winning photograph, to be presented at the BIGGA Welcome Celebration at BTME 2019.
Bill Whybrow’s spectacular image of a resplendent Royal Bled Golf Club in Slovenia was selected as the winner of the BIGGA Photographic Competition 2018.
Bill had never entered a photo competition before and took the image with his smartphone, so anyone has a chance of winning, no matter their experience or equipment!
Only BIGGA members may enter and you can submit up to five images each.
To enter the competition, email high quality versions of your photographs to email@example.com before the deadline of Friday 30 August 2019.
Twenty entries will be chosen as finalists and put to a member vote, with the top 12 being selected for BIGGA’s annual desk calendar. From those 12, an overall winner will be chosen.
The small print
- Only BIGGA members may enter.
- Maximum of five entries per member, although only one image from each entrant may be chosen as a finalist.
- Images must have been taken in the calendar year from Saturday 25 August 2018 to Friday 30 August 2019.
- Twenty-four finalists will be selected and revealed in the October edition of Greenkeeper International.
- Finalists will be put to a public vote, taking place on the BIGGA website, with votes helping to select the top 12 images. These images will comprise the BIGGA Photographic Calendar 2020, which will be distributed to every BIGGA member alongside the December 2019 edition of Greenkeeper International.