Take your best shot and enter BIGGA's annual photo competition
This year has been the most challenging any of us will face in our working lives.
It’s a time when it’s easy to get downbeat about the world we’re living in, but we’re incredibly proud of everything BIGGA members have done over the past few months.
Whether you’ve been working hard out on the course to complete the basic maintenance necessary to keep your course alive or you’ve taken one for the team and spent your days home schooling the kids or doing DIY, you’ve all played your part.
That’s why the theme for this year’s annual photographic competition is you, the greenkeeper.
We’re looking for photographs that showcase the very best of what it means to work on a golf course.
Whether taken on a camera or using your smartphone, this year’s competition is all about the people that make this industry a special place to work.
It’s been a difficult year and with that in mind we’ve lifted the restriction on when a photograph must have been taken – feel free to send us photographs that make you proudest to be a greenkeeper, no matter when taken.
Check out the images selected for this year's desktop calendar below:
The winner of this year’s competition will receive a Nikon COOLPIX W300 GPS digital camera worth £365. It’s waterproof, freezeproof, shockproof and dustproof, making it perfect for an active lifestyle.
The winner will also receive a framed print of their winning photograph.
Twenty-four entries will be chosen as finalists and put to a member vote, with the top 12 being selected for BIGGA’s annual desk calendar. From those 12, an overall winner will be chosen.
To enter the competition, email high quality versions of your photographs, along with your name, membership number and club name, to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline on Monday 31 August 2020.
- Only BIGGA members may enter
- Maximum of five entries per member, although only one image from each entrant may be chosen as a finalist
- Twenty-four finalists will be selected and revealed in the October edition of Greenkeeper International
- Finalists will be put to a public vote, taking place on BIGGA’s Facebook page (@golfgreenkeepers) with votes helping to select the top 12 images
- The 12 images will comprise the BIGGA Photographic Calendar 2021, to be distributed with the Greenkeeper International December 2020 package
- Images do not have to have been taken within a specific time period
The winner receives:
- Nikon COOLPIX W300 GPS digital camera or equivalent
- Framed print of winning photograph
The top 12 images will all be feeatured in the BIGGA Desktop Calendar 2021, distrubted to every course manager and head greenkeeper member of BIGGA.