Class 14: Conflict Avoidance and Resolution
Class 14: Conflict Avoidance and Resolution in the Workplace
This course is designed to help people avoid and if needed manage conflict in their workplace. It seeks to give an understanding of why conflict occurs and how it can be dealt with in the early stages to avoid escalation.
• Recognise conflict and how it is expressed in all the stages
• Understand when and why people become angry
• Know the seven typical types of people involved in conflict and how to respond to each type
• Be able to see how they respond to conflict
• Communicate to understand and be understood
• Use a range of techniques to overcome the conflict
• Deal with situations positively and achieve long term results
Speaker: Michael Astrop, Coach the Mind
Michael Astrop is the Principal of Coach the Mind. Michael has been speaking, writing and coaching on communication and human behaviour for over 20 years, working with a wide range of public sector and commercial organisations. A regular on the Continue to Learn programme, Michael also delivers training for BIGGA sections and regions and for the Future Turf Managers Initiative.