Wearside Golf Club is located on the south bank of the River Wear with fantastic links to the region from the A1 and A19 motorways; Wearside boasts one of the finest parkland courses in the north east of England.
We are a traditional golf club with modern standard, taking a relaxed and welcoming stance to all members and visitors.
Our homely clubhouse has not long been refurbished and our bar boasts a great selection of beers, ales, ciders and wines.
Add to all of this our friendly service, immaculately kept greens and over 127 years of experience and you'll quickly understand why we're known as the hidden gem.
We are currently inviting applications for a Senior Greenkeeper. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation of the green team. Applicants will need to be experienced, hard working, and reliable and demonstrate a passion to take the club forward.
Applicants will, as a minimum, be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of the following:
- Experience of being a Senior Green Keeper or Deputy Green Keeper
- NVQ in level 3 in Greenkeeping or higher in sports Turf Management.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, develop and mentor others.
- Computer literate.
- To be able to prepare and implement budgets.
- Pa1, 2 and 6a spraying certificate.
- Have a proven track record of a high standard of course presentation
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
It would be an advantage but not essential to have:
- Irrigation experience including repair and maintenance
- NPTC Chainsaw licence
- Good working knowledge and maintenance of fine turf machinery
- Salary is negotiable depending upon experience and qualifications.
Please apply in writing or e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with a full CV and covering letter to
Visit our Website: www.wearsidegc.co.uk