Senior Assistant Greenkeeper
Walton Heath Golf Club, Surrey
Founded in 1903, Walton Heath is home to two Herbert Fowler designed courses, both of which are highly rated and amongst the best in the UK. The Club has hosted many national and international events including the 1981 Ryder Cup, 2011 Senior Open and will play host to the upcoming AIG Women’s Open in 2023. The Club currently has a full membership with over 900 members of all categories.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
SENIOR ASSISTANT GREENKEEPER (OTE £30k)
This role is suitable for a qualified and experienced Assistant Greenkeeper who is fully competent and can work without supervision. There are no supervisory responsibilities within the role.
The ideal applicant will have:
- 5 years’ experience.
- A positive attitude
- An interest in golf.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
Reporting to the Course Manager, the role's main responsibilities will be as follows:
- To implement all course maintenance tasks set out by the Head Greenkeeper or Deputy.
- Carry out all operations in line with the Club's environmental policies, Health & Safety policies, and operational safe systems of work.
- To assist the workshop team in setting up equipment and minor machinery maintenance.
- Ensure the team keep good housekeeping in all areas of the Greenkeeping Complex.
- Overtime earning potential.
- Annual bonus and salary review schemes.
- 5% pension contribution.
- 28 days holiday per annum.
- Educational opportunities.
- Uniform & PPE.
- Lunch on duty.
- The opportunity to play the Courses.
To apply for any position, or for more information, please email a covering letter and C.V. to Michael Mann, [email protected] with “Senior Assistant Greenkeeper application” in the subject heading.
Closing date for applications is 21/07/22.