Located in the beautiful Wharfe Valley, with the famous Ilkley Moor as a backdrop, Ilkley Golf Club is one of the most picturesque in the UK.
As the third oldest golf club in Yorkshire, Ilkley Golf Club is a prestigious member's club steeped in history. Formed in 1890, the first Ilkley course was a nine-hole links on Rombald’s Moor with the course moved to its present site by the River Wharfe in June 1898.
Over the years some of the greatest golf course architects have advised on course design, including Alister MacKenzie, who was a member, and Harry Colt. The par three, third hole, was described by Henry Cotton as one of the finest in the world. The Club has engaged Mackenzie and Ebert to provide a Master Plan for the course, to enhance its modern-day appeal, whilst retaining its architectural heritage. The Club has also engaged STRI to provide a Master Plan for tree management and ecology.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full time, permanent Qualified Greenkeeper to join our well-established team who are responsible for maintaining and enhancing the condition of the golf course.
This role would suit an enthusiastic individual, with a keen eye for detail, looking for the opportunity to learn new skills and be part of an experienced team in an enjoyable working environment.
The successful candidate will require:
- Previous golf course experience
- A minimum of NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Pa1, Pa2, Pa6 preferred
- A willingness to learn and work to high standards of greenkeeping.
- Have knowledge of and commitment to compliance with Health & Safety.
- Flexible approach to work, working hours and weekend duties
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- A full UK driving licence
In return we offer:
- a competitive salary for a 40 hour week, with paid overtime for weekend and bank holiday duties on a rota basis.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Further training as required.
- Uniform and all PPE provided by the Club
Applicants should apply via e-mail with a supporting C.V. to:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th June 2019
Visit our website: https://www.ilkleygolfclub.co.uk/