Membership Services Manager – South East (UK) Region
BIGGA is an association that prides itself on providing support to its over 5,000 greenkeeper members. Our team of Membership Services Managers is at the forefront of that ambition. The team works across the UK to ensure BIGGA members engage with our range of support services, education and networking opportunities and member benefits.
We are searching for a Membership Services Manager to be based in our South East Region. The region approximately comprises of Cambridgeshire, Essex, Kent, London, Norfolk, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex and West Sussex.
Part of this role will involve supporting BIGGA’s Learning & Development team, therefore experience or understanding of greenkeeper education is desirable.
Reporting to the CEO, the Membership Services team works alongside all departments of BIGGA to implement initiatives to benefit the membership. They also take responsibility for ensuring that the association’s range of regional events takes place and that the local committee structure functions well.
Good communication skills are required as establishing strong lines of communication with all golf clubs in the region and with Course Managers/Head Greenkeepers and their staff is essential.
If you require further information on the post before applying please email Sandra Raper on email@example.com
A competitive salary is offered. As this is a home-based post, all appropriate expenses will be paid together with the provision of a company vehicle.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th April. Interviews will be held in early May.
To apply please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Membership Services Manager (South East Region) Secondary Responsibility: Learning & Development
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: This role is home-based. The role-holder needs to be able to adequately travel around their region from their home location
Purpose of the job: BIGGA is a membership organisation for golf greenkeepers with approximately 5,000 members working in all areas of the greenkeeping industry. The primary purpose of this role is to communicate with and support members within BIGGA’s South East Region. The MSM will need to build relationships with members to assist in their career development, education, networking and with employment matters. Additionally the MSM should facilitate smooth and effective governance for the association within their region. Specifically the MSM will:
- Facilitate member engagement through events and activities in person and using online platforms
- Personally communicate at all levels of membership both at the place of work, online and when attending events
- Promote the full range of services and benefits available to all members of BIGGA
- Promote BIGGA in a positive manner to members, supporters, and the wider golf industry
- Communicate, support, and interact with BIGGA team members in all departments.
- Ensure governance is adhered to at region and section levels
1. Regional Responsibilities:
• Communicate with members in person, in writing and online
• Work with local volunteer groups to ensure there are sufficient opportunities for members to engage, share good practice and support one another
• Oversee the administration of the region by preparing reports for consideration by the Regional Board, attending all Regional Board Meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes and arranging for the circulation of all relevant papers and minutes
• Administer the financial affairs of the region and prepare annual accounts for submission to the head of finance and operations
• Organise and attend regional conferences, seminars and golf events
• Liaise regularly with section secretaries and the chairman of the Regional Board for briefing and information purposes
• Liaise with the membership department on the implementation of membership drives
• Provide advice and guidance to and promote the welfare of greenkeepers
• Promote the association at all times and create a greater awareness of the association and an understanding of its role, policies and aims
2. Secondary Responsibility (Learning & Development):
• Support the Learning & Development department as necessary
• In consultation with the L&D team coordinate the L&D activity across the regions
3. Additional responsibilities
• Attend member events as directed
• Recommend ideas for improvement and highlight any problems
• Plan work efficiently to meet the departmental goals and objectives
Line manager – Chief Executive Officer
Direct reports – Chief Executive Officer and Head of Finance & Operations
Work with – Head of Learning & Development, Business Development Manager
Also in team – Membership Services Managers x5
Person Specification (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
• A good knowledge of business practices, administration, meeting procedures, customer service skills and techniques
• Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments, members and sponsors
• Good organisational, written and verbal skills
• Good communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
• IT literate:
• Self-motivated, disciplined, good time management
• Willing to learn
• A professional manner and attitude
• Able to remain calm under pressure
• Able to adapt to change and be flexible
Visit our website: www.bigga.org.uk