Highgate Golf Club invites applications for the position of Mechanic/Greenkeeper at its 18 hole, parkland club. A successful applicant will join the existing team of skilled greenkeepers whose remit is to develop and maintain the course for the benefit of members and guests.
Highgate have recently made substantial investments on a clubhouse refurbishment and with the acquisition of a new fleet of Toro turf equipment, enabling it to become one of the best equipped clubs in the region. The Club has also spent significant sums on drainage last year and have a continual investment programme to further enhance the course.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the workshop and will also assist with golf course maintenance duties.
- Qualified to Level 2\3 in land based technology / engineering or similar.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience within the turf industry in a similar role.
- Ability to work effectively and proactively as part of a team and on your own.
- Experience of prioritising work effectively, managing stock, maintaining accurate records of machinery repair/service and working to an approved budget.
- Proven ability in preparing and implementing a program of routine maintenance for a large fleet of machinery and equipment to the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines.
- A good understanding of and be competent in the use of modern golf course machinery.
- A comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety and related procedures.
- Experience of operating Oxyacetylene, Arc and Mig Welding equipment.
- Be able to complete a wide range of greenkeeping duties as required.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to consistently produce work of a high standard.
- Have a flexible approach to work and be self-motivated
You must be able to support your application with both references, examples and where appropriate, certificates. During the interview process you must be able to demonstrate your abilities against the job requirements.
If the above sounds like it could be you, we would love to hear from you.
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary based on a 40 hour week including rest periods, staff pension scheme, uniforms, meals and 25 days holiday (after qualifying period) plus bank holidays, and importantly further training opportunities.
Weekend and Bank Holiday work is carried out on a rota basis throughout the year for which overtime is paid.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join this forward thinking and ambitious club.
In the first instance please apply with a covering letter outlining the reason you wish to work at Highgate Golf Club and current C.V. to: email@example.com or by letter to:
Highgate Golf Club are an equal opportunities employer.