Chobham Golf Club in Surrey is a private members' golf club offering the combined benefits of a superbly designed golf course, excellent clubhouse facilities in a stunningly beautiful location. Our 18-hole par 69 course which was designed by Peter Alliss and Clive Clark is a beautiful Surrey golf course.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Mechanic to join our hardworking and committed team of greenkeepers. This role may suit an assistant Mechanic looking to forward their career.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to machinery maintenance and will be responsible for the day to day running of the workshop and assist with golf course maintenance duties.
Considered applicants will have an extensive range of skills but are likely to have the following key qualities:
- Maintain the workshop in a well organised and neat and safe manner.
- Ordering and purchasing stock within budget requirements
- Develop and implement maintenance programme for plant and equipment.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, and highly motivated with a positive and proactive personality and a genuine desire to solve problems.
- Experience in maintaining and servicing machinery and equipment to the approved standards of use; adhering to Health & Safety regulations and guidelines.
- Experience of diagnosing and repairing mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical faults.
- Assist with on course greenkeeping duties competently, efficiently and to the highest standard.
- Extremely high personal standards.
- Previous golf course experience is essential
This position is based on a 40-hour week; however, flexibility will be essential, particularly over the summer months.
In reward for your strong work ethic, meticulous attention to details and desire to succeed at the highest level you will receive:
- Excellent salary based on experience and qualifications
- Pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus
- Lunch whilst on duty
- Full support with your career development, including further education and BIGGA membership.
Salary - Competitive
Job Type - Full-time, Permanent
If this sounds like you, then apply in writing or email with a covering letter and full CV to:
Mark Bugler, Course Manager, Chobham Golf Club: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24th October 2021
* Please note there is no accommodation available with this role*