London Golf Club require an experienced Irrigation Manager to manage our extensive PVC system and associated infrastructure including lakes, pump house and IT system.
Our 500 acre, 36 hole, Jack Nicklaus designed venue is a great place to work with a friendly, passionate team.
With a full-time assistant to be appointed, you will be part of the senior team alongside both Head Greenkeepers.
- Fully equipped workshop and stores
- Healthy budget
- Own utility vehicle, desk, PC and iPad
- On site accommodation available
- Lunch and drinks provided
- 25% off proshop, 40% Food & Beverage
- Free golf
- Staff events throughout the year.
- 6 free guest rounds per year
- Friends & Family rate for golf.
Responsible To: Estates Manager
Responsible for: Irrigation Assistant
Principle Purpose of Position: To ensure the safe and efficient operation of the irrigation system.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
Tasks vary as determined by irrigation needs and will include:
- System service/maintenance which will include: repairs, arc adjustment, head leveling, nozzle replacement, electrical testing and repairs to cabling/satellite boxes, rotor repairs/replacement.
- System modifications and improvements.
- Keeping daily log/records of all work carried out.
- To report all irregularities e.g. drought/wilted turf, saturated/flooded areas.
- To maintain up to date weather records using our weather station.
- Ordering of spares and materials.
- To undergo training and give training to other members of staff.
- To monitor, repair or assist in organizing repairs to lakes and associated infrastructure.
- Maintain lake levels through the siphon or weirs to ensure water is available for irrigation.
- Carry out the duties having regard for health and safety of yourself and others, in accordance with the current health and safety at work legislation and the company safety policy.
- To monitor the pump house, lakes, 8 pumps and carry out routine checks and maintenance.
- The use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, plant and machinery.
- To keep your area of work and tool/equipment stores and staff facility in a clean and tidy condition.
- To work and liaise with contractors at special events and on projects such as lake reconstruction, irrigation work.
- To assist with golf course maintenance as and when required, including supervisory duties at weekends and at special events e.g. Tournaments.
- To ensure the regulations of the Health & Safety at Work Act are fully met, and comply with standard employee Health & Safety at Work responsibilities.
- To participate in any relevant training for the duties of this post and to achieve the key objectives of London Golf Club
- To comply with standard employee Health & Safety at Work responsibilities.
- To comply with London Golf Clubs Equal Opportunities policy.
- To be willing to undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Requires knowledge of all aspects of irrigation system, programming, maintenance and installation.
- Accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Ability to observe and report, faults and irregularities to the Head Greenkeepers and Golf Courses Manager.
- Ability to carry out all duties/tasks required including the use of hand tools and machinery.
- Observation skills, use of initiative and an attention to detail.
- Ability to work in all weathers
- Punctual and reliable
Desirable: Ideally a minimum of 3 years relevant experience and ideally, a recognized greenkeeping/turf management/irrigation qualification
Salary range: £36.75k - £40k
To apply: Please send a covering letter and your CV to Janet Smith, HR & Office Manager: [email protected]