Worcester Golf & Country Club is a traditional parkland golf course. This Dr Alister MacKenzie designed golf course has recently undergone a significant investment in a “State of the Art” irrigation system and the club now wants to build on the benefit this can deliver to all areas of the estate, which also includes three grass tennis courts.
The successful candidate will join a forward thinking, friendly and aspirational club that has been established for over 100 years and is considered to have one the finest courses in the region. They must be capable of leading a greenkeeping team that is committed to presenting a course that exceeds the expectations of members, visitors, and guests.
They will need to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to greenkeeping, the ability to communicate, lead & develop a team, in addition to being experienced, hardworking, reliable, and highly motivated.
Reporting to the Director of Sports Facilities and the General Manager, this full-time position has become available with contracted 40 hours per week.
Applicants will, as a minimum, be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of the following:
- Drive, passion, and attention to detail to take the course forward
- Experience of developing and managing a Strategic Course Development Plan including the management of capital expenditure programmes
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of preparing a golf course to a high standard with a firm, fast, running concept
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Green keeping or higher in Sports Turf Management.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience with a proven ability to plan, organise and implement work programs.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, develop and mentor others.
- Personnel, IT and budget management skills, and the ability to maintain and keep all necessary records up to date, and fully compliant with legislation
- PA1, 2 and 6a spraying certificates
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of golf course construction
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Staff Welfare legislation.
- Good working knowledge and maintenance of fine turf machinery
- Knowledge of automated and repair of irrigation systems
It would be an advantage but not essential to have:
- NPTC Chainsaw licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Good understanding of golf
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
Due to the expected high level of applicants, only those successful for interview will be contacted.
Those successful for interview will be notified by 18th December.
Applicants should email with their full CV with a detailed covering letter to:
General Manager, Worcester Golf & Country Club, Boughton Park, Worcester, WR2 4EZ
Closing Date: 12th December 2020
Interviews will take place on either 7th/8th January 2021
Visit our website: www.worcestergcc.co.uk/
You may also be interested in
The Master Greenkeeper Certificate is awarded to those members of BIGGA who have reached the highest standards of greenkeeping and golf course management.Master Greenkeeper Certificate