Royal Mid Surrey Golf Club are currently recruiting for a JH Taylor Course Head Greenkeeper
This is a supervisory and participative role. The successful candidate will report directly to the Courses Manager and provide daily support to the JH Taylor Course Senior/First Asst Greenkeeper.
This is an exciting opportunity for an authoritative, disciplined, professional Greenkeeper to oversee and influence the daily presentation and conditioning of our JH Taylor course.
The principal responsibility in this position is to manage the daily momentum and effectiveness of all practical greenkeeping activities and have a medium-term view of on-course operations in consideration of the Club Diary and competitions fixture-list.
To compete for this position, you will have the necessary presence and communication skills to promote consistently high standards of productivity. The role requires that you constantly control what is going well and contribute to identifying how the golf courses can be even better with proposals for applying new and relevant efficiencies and innovations. You will stand or fall on your ability to engage and communicate with your Royal Mid-Surrey Golf Club peers and colleagues and commitment to our seven-day-a-week operation during the peaks of the Club Competition season.
The essential requirements to be considered for this position are,
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a mid-level supervisory management position
- Practical greenkeeping skills, qualified technical awareness and minimum qualifications of an Sportsturf NVQ Level3 or equivalent
- An intent to progress onwards to more academic HND and FdSc turfgrass science & horticulture education
- PA1, 2 and 6 spraying certificates
- A broad understanding of managing a golf course in a Parkland environment
The desirable key-skills to add-value to an application include, but are not limited to,
- Being a former student of the Ohio State Turfgrass Interns Program
- Experience of course set-up, turf conditioning and presentation for professional golf events
- Current enrolment on the CMAE Management Development Programme
- Knowledge of POGO moisture meters. POGO weather stations and POGO Turf Pro software
- Knowledge of Bailoy GTI irrigation systems operating software
- Ability to play golf to a reasonable standard
The position offers an attractive salary package, CPD allowance and career progression opportunities.
All applications with a CV and cover-letter to, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to,
Applications close: 29th October 2021
Interviews: Week-commencing 1st November 2021
Proposed start-date: January 2022