Guildford Golf Club are seeking to recruit a Head Greenkeeper. By way of background, Guildford Golf Club is a Private Members’ Club founded in 1886. The oldest club in Surrey, we are sited on Merrow Downs – an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The views are exceptional, from Guildford Cathedral to the Wembley Arch and Canary Wharf, with panoramic vistas of the Surrey Hills. The rolling slopes provide an excellent example of the open commons on which the majority of inland courses were laid out when golf first became popular in England.
Guildford is a friendly and welcoming club. Measuring 6,160 yards, the Downland course is suitable for golfers of all abilities. All visitors can enjoy full use of the club’s facilities, including the renovated clubhouse, our range and short game practice areas.
The successful candidate must have proven ability to be able to manage the Greenkeeping Staff and the golf course in line with the Club’s Strategic plans, ensuring the maintenance, upkeep and agronomic health of the golf course.
The role is permanent and full-time. As a key member of the Club’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute widely to a continued exciting course development programme. Working closely with the Director of Golf and Green’s Committee, you will be responsible for ensuring the course is presented to our members and guests in the best possible condition and you will also play a leading role in future projects and improvements. Attention to detail is a must and this culture must be reflected across the entire team.
- An experienced deputy or head greenkeeper highly skilled in turf maintenance, drainage management and irrigation operation & management.
- Possess management, communication and leadership skills, having previously been a team leader, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Understand the need to prepare a course to a high standard and the attention to detail.
- Competent in the use of a wide variety of machinery: machine maintenance & management.
- NVQ level 3 in greenkeeping and sports turf management.
- PA1, PA2 & PA6 spraying and chainsaw qualifications essential.
- To be fully competent in monitoring and maintaining health, safety and security in the workplace.
- Have the ability to work within a budget.
- A full UK driving licence.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS
Ability to lead renovation, drainage projects and construction works.
CS30 and CS31 chainsaw qualifications.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply: Send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org