Atherstone Golf Club - Warwickshire - Central England
Managerial - Greenkeeper 25 October 2020
There is a opportunity for the position of Head Greenkeeper at Atherstone Golf Club, located in Warwickshire and set in amid breath- taking Scenery.
Responsible for: Ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of the golf course so that it exceeds the expectations of members, guests & visitors.
Background: The successful candidate will lead a team of greenkeeping staff. The role is permanent and full time.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional and welcoming approach at all times when dealing with members, guests and visitors.
- Carry out effective turf maintenance through the establishment of schedules and programmes of annual, monthly, weekly and daily maintenance, which maximise efficiency at the course.
- Ensure the course is prepared for play including marking hazards; grounds under repair and placing tee markers; bunkers; golf furniture and general green maintenance.
- Manage and conduct construction / renovation projects.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of machines for use.
- Operate and maintain irrigation systems.
- Plan and manage the control of weeds, pests and disease.
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies ensuring safe and effective control of all stored materials.
- Allocate work rotas and supervise greenkeeping staff.
- Ensure the correct procedures are followed regarding the use of all machinery, fertilisers and chemicals.
- Take all reasonable steps to protect the health, safety and welfare of all employees, patrons and visitors, by following all legislative guidelines for the preparation, use and disposal of chemicals, the safe use of tools, plant and equipment and promoting safe working practices in all areas of operation at the course.
- Comply with company policies, rules and procedures at all times.
- NVQ Level 3,
- PA1, PA2 & PA6 Spraying certificates.
- Relevant Chain Saw Certificates.
- Knowledge of Turf Machinery.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Machine Maintenance skills.
- A First aid qualification.
Remuneration will be dependant on experience and qualification.
28 days annual paid leave which includes Bank Holidays.
Staff workplace pension scheme.
Uniform and Safety wear provided.
If you are an ambitious individual and looking to join a forward thinking and dynamic golf club, please apply by email (with your cv and covering letter)
to Phil Challis, Director of Golf at :- email@example.com