VACANCY - HEAD GREENKEEPER
Holtye Golf Club is a private members club established in 1893, situated between East Grinstead and Tunbridge Wells on the Kent / Sussex border. This premium 9-hole heathland course is challenging for all levels of play.
The vacancy of Head Greenkeeper has arisen and is an excellent full time opportunity to join a hardworking, forward looking and committed team.
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager on a daily basis and should be pro-active with the ability to organise work programs, train and motivate staff, overseeing a team of 2 other green-keepers. This role is an excellent opportunity for the right person to move up the career ladder, lead a team and further their career. We are seeking a passionate and driven individual with initiative, preferably with at least 5-years’ experience and knowledge of all modern green-keeping methods. The successful candidate will also require the following attributes –
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification
- PA1, PA2 & PA6 Spraying Certificates
- Good knowledge of modern turf machinery
- Full UK Driving Licence
- NPTC Chainsaw licence
- Machinery maintenance an advantage
- Knowledge of the game advantageous
- Good understanding of Health & Safety relating to golf course operations
- A first aid qualification or be willing to undertake training
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience and qualification.
- 28 days annual paid leave which includes Bank Holidays.
- Staff workplace pension scheme.
- BIGGA Membership.
Closing date: 20th August 2020.
Apply in writing or email with full CV and covering letter to: