Head Greenkeeper, Castle Point Golf Course
Location: SE Essex
Salary: £28k - £32k per annum + company vehicle - depending on qualifications and experience
Glendale Golf is recruiting for a full-time Head Greenkeeper who will take responsibility for managing one of South East Essex’s most popular Inland Links Golf venues. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintenance of the 120-acres at Castle Point Golf Course, to ensure the highest standards of presentation for its established 18-hole Links Golf Course, driving range and general amenity areas.
- Leading, motivating and coaching a team of greenkeepers.
- Managing and monitoring weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programmes.
- Ownership of the annual course maintenance programme and operational budget.
- Working closely with the General Manager to optimise course aesthetics and ensure courses are set up correctly each week.
- Providing a monthly report of course condition, maintenance schedule and expenditure to the General Manager.
- Forming positive working relations with our landowner (Castle Point Council) and stakeholders within the Parkwood Group.
- Raising orders and liaising directly with suppliers.
- Managing the machinery/equipment/buggy fleets to ensure all equipment is correctly maintained and serviced. Ensure maintenance/service records are kept up to date.
- Presentation and housekeeping of workshops and storage areas.
- Ensuring health & safety, staff welfare and legislative policies and procedures are adhered to as a priority.
It would be advantageous for candidates to possess the following qualifications and experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates.
- CS30 and CS31 chainsaw certificates.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of modern greenkeeping machinery.
- Knowledge of automated irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of all health and safety legislation relating to greenkeeping equipment and also chemical and waste handling.
- Personnel and budget management skills and the ability to maintain and keep all necessary records up to date and fully compliant with legislation.
This is a permanent position at 40 hours per week over five days to include weekend work as required. Excellent staff benefits programme including use of a company vehicle.
Email CV and cover letter to email@example.com highlighting your motivation for the role, relevant experience and ability to relocate, if necessary.
Closing date for applications is 24 July 2020.
Glendale Golf is an Equal Opportunities Employer.