Castle Eden Golf Club was established in 1922. Castle Eden is owned by the members and is a popular parkland course.
Due to retirement, the club is looking to appoint a new Head Greenkeeper who will assume responsibility for day to day maintenance in areas across the course.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the golf course and the greenkeeping staff as directed by the management committee in accordance with the Club’s Course Maintenance and Health and Safety policies.
- Carry out established turf maintenance through established programmes of annual, monthly, weekly and daily practices to maximise the presentation and performance across all surfaces across the golf course.
- Plan and implement an IPM strategy for the control of weeds, disease and pests.
- Prepare the course for play in accordance with the rules of golf.
- Manage and conduct construction or renovation projects.
- Prepare machinery for daily use.
- Give good communication to staff, management, members and visiting golfers.
- Effective allocation of work and information to greenkeeping staff.
- Supervise staff to ensure the desired work is carried out safely and to a good standard.
- Encourage the further development of the greenkeeping staff’s knowledge through CPD for their benefit as well as the clubs.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed for the safe use of all machinery, fertilizers and chemicals.
- Work with the Management Committee to be able to generate Strategic 5-year plan for the upkeep, maintenance and repair of the course, drains, irrigation systems.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experienced as a head greenkeeper or deputy
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent is essential, NVQ level 4 preferable.
- PA1, PA2, and PA6A spraying certificates
- Budgetary planning and management experience.
- Mechanical knowledge for the maintenance of machinery.
- Active Bigga membership
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position. Please apply in writing or via email with full CV and covering letter for the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: Friday 13th March 2020.
Visit our website: http://castleedengolfclub.co.uk/