Royal Malta Golf Club is recruiting for a Head Greenkeeper
Founded in 1888 the Royal Malta Golf Club is the only golf club in Malta and is one of just 66 clubs worldwide bestowed with the ‘Royal’ title. Located in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea this private 18 hole members’ club is just beginning an exciting course redevelopment program following the appointment of architect Scott Macpherson, which will see a revised course routing and the construction of 20 new USGA spec greens.
Applicants should have a passion for presenting surfaces of the highest quality for our private membership.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Director of Golf and be fully responsible for managing the day-to-day running of the golf course maintenance schedule.
The successful applicant will need to possess and/or be working toward;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial and/or supervisory role
- Significant experience in managing, training and motivating new and existing greenkeeping staff
- Experience in planning, development and implementation of the golf course maintenance plan
- Experience in all aspects of golf course construction and development including capex budgets
- Fully up to date with modern greenkeeping practices and recent technological advances
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf Science and Management
- PA1, PA2, & PA6 certified
- In depth knowledge of health and safety legislation and standard working practices
- Passionate, enthusiastic, a strong work ethic and highly motivated
- Excellent communicator and strong team player
- Ability to work in an efficient and effective manner and prioritise work schedules
Competitive salary package negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
To apply or seek more information:
Please contact or send your CV and covering letter by email to:
Paul Stoner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Website: royalmaltagolfclub.com
Have you seen our Ecology Bulletin?Ecology Bulletin