Conwy (Caernarvonshire) Golf Club is a private members' club situated near the historic town of Conwy. The beautiful championship links course opened in 1890 provides a challenge to every golfer. It has hosted many amateur and professional Championships including Boys European Championship, Ladies European Tour, European Seniors Tour, Ladies, Boys and Men's Home Internationals and a Final Qualifier for the Open. Conwy has also been awarded the great honour of hosting the Curtis Cup in 2020.
The Club is seeking to recruit a highly enthusiastic, competent and experienced Head Greenkeeper to lead the current team of greenkeepers and manage the day to day operations of the greenkeeping team, reporting directly to the General Manager.
The successful applicant will need to be hard working and be able to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to greenkeeping with the ability to communicate, lead and develop a team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking team and play a pivotal role in shaping the Clubs' future and building upon its reputation as a premier golfing venue in Wales.
Applicants will be expected to have the following qualifications/attributes
- N/SVQ Level 3 or higher in Sports Turf Management
- Strong understanding and passion for the game of golf
- Proven ability to plan, organise and implement safe systems of work
- Full use of pesticides and fertilizers
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Ability to prepare and implement budgets
- IT literate
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Have experience of managing teams with a positive motivational approach.
Applicants should email a full CV, covering letter and current salary to:
Closing date: 12 noon, Tuesday 11th December.
Please note that in view of the number of responses expected, only selected applicants will be contacted by the club.
Visit our Website: www.conwygolfclub.com