An exciting new golf course is coming to London. Following a £multi-million investment by Glendale Golf, the Airlinks Golf Course, West London is in the growing-in phase and will be opening for the 2022/23 golf season.
Taking inspiration from the dunes, burns and bunkers of Scotland’s renowned coastal courses, it will be home to a full size 18-hole course with a distinctive links style that’s been designed to accommodate all abilities.
We are now looking for a Head Greenkeeper to join our team. This is an unique opportunity to gain project management experience, putting your own stamp on development of a brand new golf course. The new venue will feature a Toptracer® Range and clubhouse, along with an updated machinery fleet.
While you’ll be responsible for building and leading a new team, you’ll also have a hands-on approach and a combination of ‘golf course’ understanding, excellent interpersonal and reporting skills, and a clear knowledge of what it takes to produce a high-quality golf experience.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge and experience with a passion to match then we hope to hear from you.
This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week including early starts and weekends.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Helping to lead projects and construction works including bunkers and paths.
- Proactive and forthcoming with new ideas and suggestions.
- Presentation and housekeeping of workshops and storage areas.
- Ensuring health & safety, staff welfare and legislative policies and procedures are adhered to as a priority.
- Managing the machinery/equipment/buggy fleets to ensure all equipment is correctly maintained and serviced.
- Ensure maintenance/service records are kept up to date.
- Raising orders and liaising directly with suppliers.
- Providing a monthly report of course condition, maintenance schedule and expenditure.
- Ownership of the annual course maintenance programme and operational budget.
- Leading, motivating and coaching a team of greenkeepers.
It would be advantageous for candidates to possess the following qualifications and experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates.
- CS30 and CS31 chainsaw certificates.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of modern greenkeeping machinery.
- Knowledge of automated irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of all health and safety legislation relating to greenkeeping equipment and also chemical and waste handling.
- Personnel and budget management skills and the ability to maintain and keep all necessary records up to date and fully compliant with legislation.
What can Glendale Golf offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Complimentary use of all Glendale Golf courses
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Career progression
- Training and development, BIGGA CPD
Glendale Golf is a well-established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply:
Apply with CV and covering letter outlining your motivations for the role to email@example.com
Closing Date: 15th December 2021
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Glendale is an equal opportunities employer. Visit glendalegolf.co.uk today