Rare and exciting opportunities available for those seeking new skills and experience within Greenkeeping!
North Shore Golf Club is a 27-hole Private Golf Club situated on Auckland’s North Shore (New Zealand). In addition to being one of the busiest clubs in the country, the club is about to embark on a significant cool to warm season turf conversion of all Fairways and Tees surfaces over the next 3 years. This will require various projects to achieve this goal, from the conversion itself, to numerous other course infrastructural upgrades.
To complement our successful team and the adventure ahead, we are seeking suitable candidates to fill several full-time Greenkeeping positions.
We require experienced Greenkeepers with a desire to work in a fast-paced club with the opportunity to express themselves and gain a wealth of experience with warm season grasses from start to finish.
Important general attributes would be:
- A strong work ethic
- Physically fit, energetic and self-motivated.
- Enjoy working outdoors and in a large team environment.
- Flexibility with working day hours and rostered weekends
- Good eye for detail
- Valid Driver’s License
Qualified Greenkeepers can certainly enhance their current learnings with on-job exposure with all the above attributes plus:
- Turf conversion
- Agronomic theory and practise
- Qualifications in Sports Turf Management or similar, nearing completion desirable, but not essential
- A variety of grooming techniques, turf-types and machinery
- Turf machinery maintenance
- Irrigation installation, maintenance, software management & operation (A must for irrigation role)
- Management and administration protocols and systems
- Health and Safety understanding and experience
- Plus much more……..
We are offering a chance to gain rare experience with an attractive salary.
Assistance with NZ working visas available, no accommodation offered but assistance in locating accommodation available.
Expressions of interest should be sent to [email protected] and include a covering letter and CV.