North Berwick Golf Club is one of the longest established golf courses in the world and golf has been played over the West Links since the 17th century. A long-standing championship venue, North Berwick has hosted The Open - Final Qualifying and many other prestigious and international Championships. We are also scheduled to host final qualifying for the AIG Women’s Open at Muirfield in 2022.
We are embarking on an exciting new era at North Berwick which will include a brand new workshop with new hydraulic lifts and grinders. A full fleet of Toro machinery is due for delivery early next year including top of the range electric 3370 models. Full training on electric diagnostics will be provided to the successful candidate.
We are delighted to announce that we are recruiting for a number of Greenkeeping positions with the Course team. There will be a mixture of fixed short-term contracts and permanent positions available.
Reporting to the Courser Manager, the successful applicants will be involved in all aspects of golf course maintenance and presentation. The role of greenkeeper requires proactive individuals who are hardworking, have a flexible approach to working hours, an eye for detail and have a passion for what they do.
- Cutting all playing surfaces, change holes, setting up golf course for play, preparing bunkers, any spraying that is required; ensuring that the course is presented in the best possible condition to exceed the expectations of guests and visitors at all times.
- Construction, aeration and turfing works.
- Understand the Clubs policies in relation to health and safety and ensure that all duties performed are carried out with full regard to health & safety practices.
- Able to safely operate a wide range of golf course machinery.
- Undertake specific training on machinery and other working practices.
Personal Specifications and Qualities:
- Knowledge of the methods used in the care and maintenance of golf courses.
- Knowledge of the care and maintenance of grass greens.
- Knowledge of the uses and operating methods of the equipment and tools used in golf course maintenance.
- Knowledge of turf diseases and the methods and chemicals used to control them.
- Ability to supervise the work of staff engaged in golf course care and maintenance.
- Ability to keep records.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team in in all circumstances.
- Ability to problem solve and identify solutions.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- A minimum of Level 2 greenkeeping qualification
- A good understanding of golf, the rules of the game and golfer requirements
- Good organisational and communication skills
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and covering letter (include current salary), detailing the attributes and qualities that make you the ideal candidate for the role to;
Or by email to: email@example.com