Wentworth Club is one of the world’s finest private members Golf and Country Clubs, famous for its outstanding three Championship golf courses, in addition to a luxury Tennis & Health Club. The Club is surrounded and entwined within the Wentworth Estate, one of the most prestigious private estates in the London suburbs where many of the world’s premier golfers have their home. Our goal is to position Wentworth as the world’s premier golf and country club and we’re looking for talented Greenkeepers of all levels to join us.
We are now recruiting for several positions across all our courses. As one of our Greenkeeper’s you will be responsible for producing and maintaining excellent standards and the highest quality of work on one of our three 18-hole golf courses, admired by both Golf Pro’s and spectators alike. You will also get involved with the preparation and delivery of the BMW PGA Championship – The European Tour’s flagship event.
Our Greenkeepers work an average of a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday on a shift-rota basis. However, flexibility will be essential, particularly over the summer months and leading up to and during tournaments and maintenance weeks.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ideally a minimum two years’ greenkeeping experience.
- NVQ Level 2 Sports Turf Management Qualification.
- PA1, 2 and 6 Spraying Certificates advantageous.
- CS32 and CS33 Chainsaw Qualifications – advantageous
- Full valid Driving Licence advantageous.
- A flexible, Can-Do attitude with a positive outlook.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to fit into a large team environment
- Desire to produce world class playing surfaces through-out the year that will exceed our member’s expectations
- Flexibility to work longer hours during the BMW PGA Championship week, schedule for October 2020.
If you have a desire to learn all about greenkeeping and can demonstrate initiative, when you will also consider candidates for trainee positions.
As well as working within a great team and fantastic environment, you’ll also receive…
- Competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications
- Valuable European Tour Championship experience
- Full uniform provided
- Opportunities for internal progression, training and development, with the opportunity to gain professional qualifications.
- Corporate gym and spa membership at a local hotel
- Use of our 5-star prestigious facilities, including our golf courses and tennis courts, as well as discounted dining within our dining outlets.
- Discount on retail in both our Spa and Pro Shop
- Free Meals on duty
If you are interested in our Greenkeeper position, please send your CV and covering note via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org