Set within Moors Valley Country park on the Dorset/Hampshire border, our par 72 course is widely regarded as one of the areas best courses open for both club members and pay and play customers alike.
Working within the wider grounds maintenance team you will be expected to contribute to the daily upkeep and presentation of our well respected municipal 18 hole course.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with experience in greenkeeping/sports turf maintenance to play an instrumental part in the upkeep and development of the course, you will be involved in all hands-on aspects of golf course maintenance from mowing to irrigation maintenance and everything in between.
What you will be doing:
- The successful candidate will assist the greenkeeping supervisor in all aspects of the daily upkeep and preparation of the golf course. The work will be physically demanding, in all weathers and will require lone working as well as a team focus.
- You will be operating a wide variety of professional machinery along with hand tools on a daily basis so knowledge and experience in this area is essential.
- This permanent position is based on 37 hours per week with weekends and bank holidays worked on a flexible rota basis.
- An eye for detail and the desire to provide the best playing surfaces for our customers is the key to success within this role.
The successful candidate will require:
- A relevant level 2 NVQ or higher
- PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates (PA2 would be advantageous)
- NPTC 201/202/203 (or equivalent) chainsaw certificates desirable
- Proven experience within the greenkeeping/sports turf industry
- A flexible approach to working hours
- The desire to achieve high standards and take pride in their work
- The ability to communicate effectively with both colleagues and customers.
- The understanding of relevant health and safety working practices.
In addition we can offer;
- Further training opportunities
- Local government pension scheme
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays (increasing depending on length of service)
Please note Dorset Council does not accept CV’s in place of an application form as we require the same range of information from all our candidates.
To view the relevant details and apply online please visit www.dorsetforyou.com/jobs or ring the application hotline on (01305) 228535
We value diversity and welcome applications from all parts of the community.
You may also be interested in