Based on a 40 hour working week and weekends on a rota basis.
To assist in the daily operations of the Golf Course by ensuring the efficient preparation of the course.
- To undertake daily turf maintenance and preparation of the course, skillfully operating pedestrian and ride on machinery to maintain the course to the best possible standards of presentation.
- To assist in course construction whilst establishing and maintaining plants.
- To be able to identify different types of grasses, turf pests, diseases and plants.
- To be able to work on your own as well as part of a team.
- To actively contribute to departmental meetings.
- To maintain healthy and safe working practices at all times.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and members.
Whilst full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance.
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for Greenkeeping.
- Experience of ‘high end’ clubs and tournament support
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge/experience of construction projects
- Trained first aider
- Tractor driving
- The ability to play golf to a reasonable standard.
- Be a team player and the willingness to go ’the extra mile’.
The above job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out tasks as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
In return we offer a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, uniform, meals whilst on duty, use of facilities and generous pension scheme after a qualifying period.
To apply please email Peter Bradburn, Course and Grounds Manager email: email@example.com your current CV together with a covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria of the role by Tuesday 8th May 2018.