Wentworth Club is one of the world’s finest private members Golf and Country Clubs, famous for its Championship golf and three outstanding courses, in addition to a luxury Tennis & Health Club.
The Club is surrounded and entwined within the Wentworth Estate, one of the most prestigious private estates in the London suburbs where many of the world’s premier golfers have their home. Our goal is to position Wentworth as the world’s premier golf and country club and we’re looking for talented Greenkeepers of all levels to join us.
As one of our Greenkeeper’s you will be responsible for producing and maintaining excellent standards and the highest quality of work on one of our three 18-hole golf courses, admired by both Golf Pro’s and spectators alike. You will also get involved with the preparation and delivery of the BMW PGA Championship – The European Tour’s flagship event.
We have a number of opportunities for greenkeepers, both permanent and fixed term.
The positions are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday as well as weekends, worked on a shift rota basis. However, flexibility will be essential, particularly over the summer months and leading up to and during tournaments and maintenance weeks.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
Desirable but not essential:
- A minimum two years’ greenkeeping experience
- NVQ Level 2 Sports Turf Management Qualification
- PA1, 2 and 6 Spraying Certificates
- CS32 and CS33 Chainsaw Qualifications
- Full valid Driving Licence
- A Flexible, Can-Do attitude with a positive outlook
- Initiative and a desire to learn all about greenkeeping
- Strong work ethic with the ability to fit into a large team environment
- Desire to produce world class playing surfaces through-out the year that will exceed our member’s expectations
- Flexibility to work longer hours during the BMW PGA Championship week in September.
As well as working within a great team and fantastic environment, you’ll also receive…
- Competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications
- Valuable European Tour Championship experience
- Full Uniform provided
- Opportunities for internal progression, training and development, with the opportunity to gain professional qualifications
- Corporate Gym and Spa membership at a local hotel
- Use of our 5-star prestigious facilities, including our golf courses and tennis courts, as well as discounted dining within our dining outlets.
- Discount on retail in both our Spa and Pro Shop
- Free Meals on duty
- Accommodation may be available
We will consider Trainee and Intern greenkeeping roles for enthusiastic applicants who are keen to pursue the greenkeeping profession.
If you are interested in our Greenkeeper position, please send your CV and covering letter via e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit our website: