Certified as a GREAT PLACE TO WORK®, Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg Ireland is home to a proud and motivated workforce of over 300 staff during high season, offering a world class 5 Star Hotel workplace, with the beauty and balance of west Clare living.
Trump International Doonbeg is a coastal haven, hidden on a sheltered corner of the Wild Atlantic Way where world-class golf meets an intimate Spa, amazing food and access to the best activities, culture, heritage and one of the most picturesque settings Ireland has to offer for conferences, meeting, incentives and special events.
Recognised among the best championship Links Courses in the world and named best Golf Resort in Ireland by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. At the heart of the resort is the Irish Country house hotel with one of Irelands best Hotel Restaurants, the Ocean View Restaurant. And Ocean is a recurring theme, ever present with stunning views of the rolling waves and the rugged landscape stretching as far as the eye can see to the Cliffs of Moher
Responsible To: Golf Superintendent
Main Purpose of Job:
We are seeking applications for Qualified Greenkeepers. We have positions available from Monday 4th March 2024. Experience in the use of turfgrass maintenance equipment is required, although full training will be provided. We are seeking highly motivated, flexible individuals with a passion for golf course maintenance who will thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment. Applicants must have a minimum of two years’ experience at a golf course.
Proshop, Facilities Maintenance, Golf Services
- Assist in a range of activities involved in golf course turf maintenance and construction.
- Operates equipment in the maintenance of golf course putting greens, collars, tees, fairways, and rough.
- Assists in grading and preparing a soil plant bed, lays sod, plants vegetative material, and seeds putting greens, tees, fairways, and rough.
- Rakes and maintains bunkers.
- Maintains ball washers, coolers, course furniture, and water hazards.
- Assist in the construction of greens, tees, and bunkers.
- Reports all findings to the Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Other duties: The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties as directed by management.
- 2 years’ minimum experience in Greenkeeping.
- Full, clean, driving licence is essential.
- A Greenkeeping qualification or currently training towards one.
- Experience with operating a variety of cutting equipment.
- Experience with course set up.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Operates to a very high-quality standard with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Positive attitude, cheerful and courteous demeanour.
- Good timekeeping.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Can work under own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Accommodation (can be sourced if required).
- Full training on all aspects of Greenkeeping.
- Frequent project/task rotation.
- Trump uniform.
- Working with new Fleet of John Deere Equipment.
- Excellent rate of pay.
- One week of Training in workshop with Equipment Manager of understanding setting units, servicing, grinding.
- Regularly stocked canteen for meals, snacks and beverages while on duty.
- Discounts in our Spa, Hotel & Golf course.
- Discounted staff and friends and family rates available in other group properties in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Free Car parking.
- Regular staff appreciation initiatives.
- Opportunities to develop and grow through assisted educational opportunities.
- Sick Benefit scheme.
- Personal locker where required.
- Opportunity to learn and play golf out of hours plus the opportunity to invite golf guests at a reduced rate.
- Use of fitness centre out of season.
To apply, please send a one page CV, references and a cover letter to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 28th February 2024
You may also be interested in
Temporary Assistant Head Greenkeeper - International