If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do – come and work with us at Potters Resorts - Five Lakes, the UK’s only all-inclusive Resorts!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a positive outlook and a ‘can do’ attitude to join our Greenkeeping, Grounds & Gardening Team.
The role will provide key day to day support to take care of our Championship Golf Course, set amongst 320 acres of Grounds and Gardens, that this busy team look after.
Along with a competitive salary of £10.25 per hour, we will offer you:
- Personal Development and Accredited Learning opportunities with our Potters Academy
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programmes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Gym & Leisure facilities
- Free Meals whilst at work
- Friends & family discounts
- Team Recognition, Awards & Treat Days
- Loyalty Awards
- 40 hours per week
- 5 days out of 7
- Will include weekend working
About the role:
- To keep and maintain our Championship Golf Course to the very high standard that is expected. This will include;
- mowing of greens tees and all mown areas.
- setting machines on cut
- irrigating turf
- changing holes
- raking bunkers
- carrying out renovations of the greens and tees
- helping with projects like creating new pathways and bunker renovations
- aerating turf
- To work as part of the team ensuring that ensuring ‘curb appeal’ is of a high standard at all times, this may include litter picking, emptying bins etc.
- To ensure that all gardening and grounds related equipment and machinery is secure at all times
- To keep all gardening and grounds related storage areas clean and tidy and where relevant in good working order
- To ensure the safe use, storage, calibration and disposal of pesticides and other similar substances, in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Ensure vehicles, equipment and tools used by yourself and the grounds team members are regularly cleaned and maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Take the necessary action to ensure that our standards are not compromised and to manage upwards on all actions that require authorisation / expenditure / investment.
- To support the Resort Greenkeeping / Grounds team carry out gritting, salt spreading and snow clearing as and when needed and in conjunction with Company Policy and Procedure.
- Support the Golf Course Manager on any key investment projects as and when required on gardening/grounds related works.
- To understand and ensure the implementation of safe working practices with the gardening/grounds team and in conjunction with the relevant Risk Assessments for the department.
- Promote the Health and Safety of yourself and others and respond to any emergencies.
- To report anything that you deem to be a potential safety hazard to the Golf Course Manager.
About You - Key skills and experience:
- Previous Greenkeeping experience, working in a similar role is preferred
- Good knowledge and experience of Golf Course / Greenkeeping
- Adaptable with the ability to turn your hand to a wide range of varying tasks and duties
- Must have the ability to work on your own, without supervision and as part of a small team
- Keen eye for detail
- Capability of using relevant machinery, including ride on mowers
- PA1 / PA6 certificate (desirable)
- Chainsaw certificate (desirable)
- Full driving licence (essential)
To ensure that you are the best you can be, we’ll ensure that you are trained by the best and that you will receive continued training, support, and personal development throughout your career with us. The atmosphere on Resort is busy, fast-paced, and exciting, and no two days are ever the same! So, what are you waiting for…?
To start the next step of your journey with us – apply now! We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to:
Sarah Larter [email protected]
Closing Date: 20th August 2022