Golf Course Manager
Brocket Hall is set within 600 acres of 18th century parkland, the golf club consists of two 18-hole Championship Courses, the Melbourne and the Palmerston, named after the two British Prime Ministers who used to reside at Brocket Hall. The facilities include an extensive practice facility including a 7-hole short course. The estate also boasts a fine dining restaurant, Auberge Du Lac, the historic hall itself and the Watershypps clubhouse all play host to conferences and weddings.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, dedicated, and professional Course Manager to lead our greenkeeping and estate department and manage the golf courses as we continue to elevate the standard of offering throughout the facilities.
The club is renowned for hosting professional events on the men’s, ladies, and junior tours. The club is due to host Nick Faldo’s Junior series this spring, a men’s tour event in May and finish with the flagship Justin Rose Ladies Open in September 2024.
The successful applicant should have the drive, ability and leadership skills to host high profile events, whilst maintaining the courses and estate to the highest standards for our members and guests.
Applicants should have the following attributes:
- Holding all relevant professional and technical qualifications that would be expected with this role.
- Able to make decisions driven by data.
- Golf course management experience, either in a Deputy, Head Greenkeeper or Course Manager role.
- Skilled in creating and working to a budget.
- Excellent understanding of agronomy.
- Excellent course presentation skills.
- Construction and project management experience.
- Competent in utilising an automatic irrigation system
- Able to manage a machinery fleet.
- Competent in the relevant IT skills.
- Management skills regarding health and safety on the golf course & estate
Remuneration will be based on skill level, qualifications and experience. Company pool vehicle & phone are included with the role.
Job description can be provided for the role.
To apply, please forward your covering letter and C.V. to - [email protected]
Closing Date: 8th December 2023, Interviews to be conducted on the 18th & 19th December, consisting of a Q&A and a course walk.