First Assistant Greenkeeper
Colchester Golf Club is a traditional private members club founded in 1907. Our beautiful, parkland course was designed by five-time Open Champion James Braid. It has been voted the No.1 course in North Essex, and the 4th best in Essex. The Club has a healthy calendar of events, featuring regular society and visitor golf and a vibrant membership that is passionate about the Club and the Golf Course.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated First Assistant Greenkeeper to assist our Golf Course Manager and Deputy Course Manager in leading a hardworking team to push the golf course forward. We are looking to enhance and futureproof the course in a sustainable way.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Golf Course Manager and be significantly involved in the future strategy of the golf course. Particularly the course development, all maintenance operations to the highest possible standards, and assisting with the planning and organisation of work programmes.
The club is looking for an enthusiastic individual with the required skills and experience:
- Qualification in Sports Turf Management or Equivalent. Minimum Level 2 and preferably Level 3
- Minimum of 3 years’ Greenkeeping Experience.
- Good knowledge of pest species, prevalent diseases, and grass species.
- Ability to organise routine golf course maintenance and golf course projects.
- Demonstrate the ability and experience to inspire, motivate and manage a team.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- An ambition to further their personal development.
- High standard of golf course preparation and set up.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of greenkeeping practices and principles.
- A positive and flexible approach to work.
- Fully competent in monitoring and maintaining Health and Safety in the workplace.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 qualifications.
- A full and clean UK driving licence.
Applications to: [email protected]
Closing date: 10th March 2024