Experienced Assistant Greenkeeper
The successful candidate will assist the Head Greenkeeper with the day to day operation of the Greenkeeping team.
The successful applicant will need to be experienced, hardworking, reliable, highly motivated and a team player. They will need to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to greenkeeping, the ability to effectively communicate and lead a team as required.
Qualifications and Skills NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Greenkeeping or higher in Sports Turf Management.
PA1, 2 and 6a spraying certificates and have the ability to boom spray.
Equipped both technically and practically to undertake greenkeeping duties to the highest standard.
Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation Computer literacy (Basic understanding)
Full UK driving licence
It would be an advantage but not essential to have:
- NPTC Chainsaw licence
- Good working knowledge for the maintenance and service of fine turf machinery
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Understanding of the game of golf
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with basic maintenance and repair of Greenkeeping machinery
- Application of chemicals and fertilisers
- Understand and implement Health & Safety legislation requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organisation
- Willing to continually develop personal skills in line with industry qualifications
40 Hours per week 7.30am to 4.30pm with an hour for lunch. Some early starts and rotated weekend work. Wage Negotiable depending on experience.
Apply via email with CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org