Director of Agronomy
The San Roque Club & Turfgrass® Invites applications for the position of Director of Agronomy
The San Roque Club & Turfgrass®
Invites applications for the position of Director of Agronomy
The San Roque Club was established in 1991 and boasts two fantastic championship golf courses. The Old is the most famous of the two, hosting 13 European tour School finals from 1993 to 2006 plus the Spanish Open in 2005.
The New course was also part of the tour school and hosted the 2006 Spanish open.
The San Roque Club is steeped in history, most notable is the relationship the late great Severiano Ballasteros had with the club and the influence he had with the previous owners and the fact in 1997, the club was the official accommodation of both Ryder Cup teams.
However, it is the future that is the most exciting, with new owners and a big investment into the renovation of the Old Course, golf academy and clubhouse, The San Roque Club is set to be, once again one of the best golf facilities in Europe.
This position is likely to appeal to someone who will be passionate about further enhancing the excellent reputation of San Roque and who’s main aim will be to ensure the course becomes the best conditioned course in Spain.
The successful candidate will have a range of skills but is likely to have the following key qualities:
- Third level education in turfgrass management and science.
- Proven track record managing Creeping Bentgrass and Bermudagrass to the highest level.
- Be able to demonstrate data driven turf management decisions.
- Knowledge of the Spanish pesticide laws.
- Track record in IPM.
- Knowledge of precision water management and irrigation management.
- High standards of course quality, presentation and attention to detail.
- A desire for personal and team development.
- An effective communicator.
A package commensurate with experience and in line with a top European club will be offered.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV, covering letter including salary expectation, detailing the attributes and qualities that make you the ideal candidate for the role to: