Deputy Head Greenkeeper
The Royal West Norfolk Golf Club is a traditional private members’ Golf Club situated in Brancaster on the North Norfolk Coast. The Golf Course is highly ranked in all the published Golf Industry listings for the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The Club is proud of its golfing heritage particularly, its unique setting, strong traditions and distinctive ethos. However, we are committed to improving the facilities both on and off the Golf Course to further enhance the status and reputation the Club currently enjoys. The Golf Course is situated on land that is designated as a SSSI and therefore it is necessary to work closely with Natural England, as well as other local stakeholders, covering all aspects of the upkeep and maintenance of the Golf Course and in retaining the natural links land fine grasses.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated individual to undertake the role of Deputy Head Greenkeeper within our current team. Reporting to the Head Greenkeeper, this is an important role and the successful candidate will help oversee the team responsible for the maintenance and presentation of the golf course and be fully capable of deputising in any absence of the Head Greenkeeper.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Competent in all aspects of Golf Course greenkeeping and fine turf management with a proven track record
- A proven history of good work output to the highest quality standards with a definite eye for detail
- A team player with the ability to work well with colleagues and to communicate effectively on all levels
- A wide knowledge and practical experience, in all aspects of traditional and modern greenkeeping practices
- Have a good working knowledge of all statutory requirements and their application in the work place
- Supervisory experience in a similar role would be preferred
How to Apply
In return for the above the Club is offering a competitive salary and benefits.
A copy of the full job description is available on request from the Club Secretary;
Apply in writing with your up to date CV, including referees and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience to the Club Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 15 December 2018
Visit our Website: www.rwngc.org