Deputy Head Greenkeeper
Huyton & Prescot Golf Club was founded in 1905 and is home to a gem of a parkland golf course that is only ten miles outside of Liverpool, in the County of Merseyside and is well within easy reach from the motorway networks. Although our course is sometimes deemed not the longest it is widely regarded as one of the best tests of golf in the North West area, with our tree lined fairways and undulating greens it will certainly put your course management and golfing abilities under pressure but provide the perfect setting for a great days golfing.
Reporting to the Course Manager. The Club require a Deputy Head Greenkeeper to join our Greenkeeping team to assist the team in providing a first-class Golf Course to its members and visitors.
The applicant should be highly motivated and productive with a strong work ethic, able to work as part of a close team and communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisor, and members. An ability to carry out a variety of tasks that will require flexibility in skill sets is important.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Undertake daily turf maintenance and preparation to high standards
- Deputize for the Course Manager as required, supervising colleagues, and liaising with Green Committee Chairperson as appropriate
- Assist Course Manager in managing orders and delivery of supplies and equipment
- Assist Course Manager in carrying out repairs and maintenance to machinery
- Maintain health and safety working practices at all times
- Previous experience, (minimum 4 years) as a greenkeeper and minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf
- A good understanding of Irrigation Systems, including fault finding, minor repairs and general maintenance.
- Supervisory experience and ability to manage team members.
- Have PA1, 2, and 6 Spraying Certificates.
- Proven communication skills
- Competent with machinery
We offer an attractive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please apply by letter or email enclosing a full C.V. to: [email protected]
FAO - Danny Patten
Golf Course Manager