Deputy Head Greenkeeper
East Brighton Golf Club is looking to replace our outgoing Deputy Head after he has taken his first Head GK position.
The 127-year-old James Braid designed Downland golf course. Which is located on the edge of the South Downs with spectacular views, overlooking the English Channel and Brighton.
This is the perfect course for a person who is looking to take the next steps in their development either in their first managerial role or to continue their management progression.
The ideal candidate is someone who has the drive and passion to improve themselves, the team and the course.
- Work hand in hand with the Course Manager to plan and carryout daily and long-term tasks
- To lead the team in the absence of the Course Manager
- Maintain a professional and welcoming approach at all times when dealing with members, guests & visitors
- Maintain the golf course in accordance to specifics laid out by the Course Manager
- Ensure the correct procedures are followed regarding the use of all machinery, fertilizers and chemicals as set out by the Course Manager
- Work as part of a team and actively demonstrate a willingness to support and achieve the overall business objectives
Candidates must have following qualifications and competencies
- Previous experience as a senior greenkeeper or in a managerial role and a NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance (or working towards)
- Have PA1, 2, and 6 Spraying Certificates
- Chainsaw an advantage
This is a full-time position with a contracted 40 hour per week schedule, competitive salary negotiable dependant on experience.
To Apply - Applicants are required to submit a CV together with a covering letter to the Course Manager, Michael Harris outlining their suitability for the position of Deputy Head