Deputy Course Manager
Crowborough Beacon Golf Club (CBGC) is one of the best golf courses in South East England. It is rated No 68 in Golf World’s 2017 list of Top 100 English golf courses and is in the Top 200 of Golf Monthly’s 2017 best courses in UK and Ireland. The Par 71 heathland course is situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the High Weald adjoining Ashdown Forest. It provides a challenging test for all levels of golfer and is often used by Sussex CGU for their events. It has recently been used by England Golf as a Championship Venue for two National events.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious existing Deputy Course Manager or highly motivated and talented Greenkeeper to raise the standards of our golf course.
Reporting to Course Manager you will be a key member of the Golf Course management team.
To be successful, you will:
- Be an experienced and progressive greenkeeper prepared to operate a hands on role.
- Have the drive and ambition to further improve CBGC and deliver the best possible golf experience for the club’s members, guests and visitors.
- Be a highly motivated individual, able to work on your own initiative, with a keen eye for detail, presentation and aesthetics.
- Have experience of supervising and leading a team of greenkeepers and be able to motivate and develop your team.
- Be able to accurately train and develop seasonal staff to produce a high standard of work.
Main duties / Key responsibilities
- Assist Course Manager in all aspects of Golf Course operations to the required standard.
- Stand in for Course Manager during his absence and ensure team is motivated and work standards are maintained
- Drive increase in standards of golf course presentation and maintenance tasks.
- Application of fertilizer and chemicals in accordance with environmental regulations.
- Maintenance and repair of irrigation systems and drainage systems
- Lead small improvement projects and help execute larger renovation projects.
- Train new staff in Golf Course maintenance tasks.
- A highly motivated, passionate individual with a keen eye for detail, presentation and aesthetics.
- Original thinker and ability to work on own initiative.
- Driven and hard working.
- Offer a high degree of adaptability.
- A desire for personal development.
- Minimum of NVQ level 3 but preferably NVQ level 4, foundation degree or undergraduate degree.
- Wide working experience of all Golf Course maintenance course tasks.
- Spraying Certificates.
- A full driving licence.
Salary will be based on the applicant’s experience and will be discussed when applicants are short listed but a generous salary will be available for the right candidate.
Job type: Full-time to commence in June 2018.
Interested applicants should send a CV, together with any covering statement you may wish to make, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 23rd June 2018.
No recruitment agencies please.
Visit our website: www.cbgc.co.uk
You may also be interested in
Deputy Grounds Manager - South East
Qualified Greenkeeper - South East
Looking for opportunities for career advancement? Advance your skills with CPD.Find out about CPD