Deputy Course Manager
Langley Park Golf Club is a challenging & well-respected Private Members’ 18 Hole parkland golf course located on the border of south east London & north Kent. The course is currently undergoing a major renovation program that includes the installation of a fairway watering system in our quest to further drive & improve standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the greenkeeping team as well as leading and managing the team & work programs with the Course Manager. The successful applicant will need to be experienced, hardworking, reliable and highly motivated.
They will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, a professional and modern approach to greenkeeping, the ability to communicate with the club’s management team and members, plan and develop projects & work programs, and administer & complete records.
Applicants will, as a minimum, be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of the following:
- NVQ Level 3 in Green keeping or higher in Sports Turf Management.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience with a proven ability to plan, organise and implement work programs.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, develop and mentor others.
- Computer literate.
- To be able to prepare and implement budgets
- PA1, 2 and 6a spraying certificates
- Equipped both technically and practically to undertake greenkeeping duties to the highest standard required at a Championship venue
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
It would be an advantage to have:
- Irrigation experience including operation, repair and maintenance
- NPTC Chainsaw license
- Good working knowledge and maintenance of fine turf machinery
- Construction & project experience
- Small digger / excavator license
- Current First Aid Certificate
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications
Please send a full CV via email, with a detailed covering letter to;
Closing Date 31st October 2020