Deputy Course Manager
Hankley Common Golf Club is one of Britain’s finest inland golf courses, located just outside of Farnham in Surrey. Set within over 850 acres of SSSI heathland, this prestigious private members club was established in 1897 and features an 18 hole championship course, designed by renowned architects, James Braid and Harry Colt.
Recently host to the 2019 English Amateur Championship and due to host the R&A Men’s Home Internationals in 2021, we are looking for a highly motivated & enthusiastic Deputy Course Manager to join our hardworking and committed team of greenkeepers. In addition, the club is about to embark in a four year programme of course improvements, working closely with renowned golf architect Martin Ebert.
Applicants for this hands-on management position should be highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated as well as having all the necessary experience and ability to lead and inspire a team to the highest standards of presentation across all playing surfaces.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of the latest amenity equipment and demonstrate the ability to analyse how their performance affects the quality and presentation of playing surfaces.
- Present effective ideas that will continue to improve efficiency of the golf course maintenance operation.
- Demonstrate extremely high personal standards.
Applicants will, as a minimum, be expected to have/be:
- Minimum 5+ years progressive golf course experience in a comparable high environment.
- Qualified NVQ Level 3 or above.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 Spraying Certificates.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of greenkeeping principles and practices, including fertiliser and pesticide application.
- Good organisational and planning skills together with the disciplined approach to meet tight deadlines, whilst adhering to Health & Safety legislation and safe working practices.
- Relevant IT skills and working knowledge of computerised irrigation systems, repairs and maintenance.
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to working hours.
- Detail orientated with a pragmatic “can-do” attitude and an appreciation of the highest standards.
- Prior experience of supervising construction / renovation projects would be advantageous.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate the above and be ready to take responsibility for ensuring efficient, successful task completion not just for your own tasks, but for others too.
In reward for your strong work ethic, meticulous attention to details and desire to succeed at the highest level, you will receive:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus
- Lunch whilst on duty
- Full support with your career development, including further education, tournament support and BIGGA membership.
Please note that there is no accommodation available with this role.
If this sounds like you, then apply in writing or email with a covering letter and full CV to:
Closing Date: Wednesday 4th March 2020
Visit our website: https://www.hankley.co.uk/