Deputy Course Manager
Turfgrass Agronomy & Services is looking to recruit a Deputy Course Manager for a 9-hole newly built golf course located in Hertfordshire (30min from St Albans).
This is an exciting opportunity to come and join a new Golf Club. Your responsibility will be to assist the Course Manager in the daily running of the golf course ensuring it is maintained to a high standard.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Course Manager and will be involved with preparation, maintenance and development of all grass areas, bunkers, greens and tees, maintaining equipment and adhering to all relevant Health & Safety guidelines. You will need to be a team player, able to work under pressure and have the ability to work well with colleagues and have good communication skills. You will also be required to work on your own, carrying out set tasks and work schedule using your own initiative. Motivate, lead the team when the Course Manager is off site.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Course Manager and will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Minimum of NVQ level 3 in sports turf management (or equivalent).
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates.
- He/she should have at least 5 years’ experience in the industry.
- Good understanding of health and safety.
- The ability to lead and motivate others.
- A keen eye for detail.
- He/she must have the confidence to lead from the front, setting a good example and having a very strong work ethic.
- Be able to detail and instruct work programmes to the team.
- Chainsaw licence CS30 CS31 (desirable).
- Driving licence.
The position is full-time, with required weekend work on a rota basis.
- 28 days holiday (Including Public and Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BIGGA membership
- Full Uniform
How to Apply:
Please email the Course Manager with a CV and a cover letter
Fabien Maisonny, at email@example.com
Or call: 07722 502 452 for any information.
You may also be interested in
Assistant Greenkeeper/Mechanic - Central England
Course Manager - Central England