An exciting opportunity has arisen at Sandiway Golf Club in Cheshire following the decision of our Course Manager to retire after a long association with the club. As a result, we are seeking to appoint a new Course Manager to lead our experienced greens’ team. Sandiway is an outstanding Ted Ray/Harry Colt designed championship course which is part heathland and part woodland and is in the top 100 courses in the UK. It has impressive practice facilities and an attractive clubhouse and is celebrating its Centenary this year.
The Club wishes to appoint a forward thinking and highly qualified individual with an eye for detail to work closely with our General Manager and Greens Chairman to prepare, maintain and develop our course to the highest possible standards to meet our ambitious strategic objectives.
Key Personal Skills & Characteristics:
- Experience of maintaining and developing firm and fast running playing surfaces typified by those found on heathland or links golf courses
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Course Manager or in a senior supervisory role
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management (or related field, agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science)
- Ability to undertake development/construction work to the highest standards and enhance the course’s heathland characteristics and ecology
- Strong management and interpersonal skills and ability to motivate the team
- Ability to manage all health and safety aspects and legislation relating to greenkeeping equipment, chemicals and waste handling
- Competent in computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office Suite
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of members, guests and visitors
For more information about the club, please visit our website: www.sandiwaygolf.co.uk
- A competitive salary & benefits package, commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant.
To apply, please write, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and detailing your relevant experience, with an up-to-date CV and details of your current remuneration.
Please e-mail your application to Sophie Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 01606 883247 ext 2.
Applications close on: 6th March 2020