Job Title: Course Manager
Responsible to: Club Secretary/Chairman of Greens
Ellesmere Golf Club is a beautiful parkland course measuring 6287yds par 70, situated in Worsley and only 10 minutes from Manchester City Centre. Established in 1913, the course is surrounded by mature trees and has excellent practice facilities which includes a 330yd practice ground, pitching area, chipping/bunker green, practice net and putting green.
We are currently looking to employ a passionate and ambitious individual as Course Manager to maintain the high standards our members and visitors have come to expect at Ellesmere.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of the golf course and greenkeeping team, reporting to the Greens Chairman and Greens Committee in accordance with the Club’s Golf Course Maintenance Policy, the Health & Safety Policy and the BIGGA Greenkeepers Code of Conduct.
- Appraise, train and assess our greenkeeping team and manage any conflict, discipline and grievance.
- Manage budgets, finances and resources.
- Manage the golf course and environmental policy, including the planning and management control of weeds, pests and diseases.
- Communicate with staff, golfers, managers and visitors and have good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in the use and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Prepare and maintain machinery for use/storage.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management.
- Qualified spraying certificates PA1, PA2, PA6
- Chainsaw certificate desirable but not essential.
We offer an attractive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please apply by letter or email enclosing a full C.V. to:
Closing date: Friday 13th March 2020
You may also be interested in
Assistant Greenkeeper - Northern
Head Greenkeeper - Northern
The Master Greenkeeper Certificate is awarded to those members of BIGGA who have reached the highest standards of greenkeeping and golf course management.Find out more