Sherfield Oaks is set in an beautiful area just on the outskirts of Basingstoke. We have two great 18-hole golf courses, The Wellington and The Waterloo, which both meander through the wonderful Hampshire countryside and wildlife, surrounded by stunning woodlands. The two courses compliment each other really well, with The Waterloo being the shorter and more challenging of the two, whilst The Wellington is a much longer and more forgiving course.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the greenkeeping team. The successful applicant will need to be experienced, hard working, reliable and highly motivated.
They will need to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to greenkeeping, the ability to communicate, lead & develop the team.
Applicants will, as a minimum, be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of the following:
- NVQ Level 3 in Greenkeeping or higher in Sports Turf Management.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience with a proven ability to plan, organise and implement work programs.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, develop and mentor others.
- Computer literate.
- To be able to prepare and implement budgets
- PA1, 2 and 6a spraying certificates
- Equipped both technically and practically to undertake greenkeeping duties to the highest standard required at a prestigious members’ club
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
It would be an advantage but not essential to have:
- Irrigation experience including repair and maintenance
- NPTC Chainsaw licence
- Good working knowledge and maintenance of fine turf machinery
- Construction experience
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications
Due to the expected high level of applicants, only those successful for interview will be contacted.
Please send a full CV with a detailed covering letter to:
Closing Date: 30th November 2018
Visit our website: https://sherfieldoaksgolf.co.uk/
You may also be interested in
Have you downloaded the BTME 2019 App?BTME App