Sandwell Park Golf Club, established in 1895, is a traditional members’ club in the West Midlands just three miles from Birmingham city centre, offering a warm welcome and fantastic parkland golf course designed by Harry Colt. The course is an interesting mix of heathland and parkland terrain with stunning elevation changes. Sandwell Park has a proud history of hosting national Amateur and Professional events.
The Club now invites applications for the position of Course Manager to manage the day to day Golf Course operation and surrounds, presenting and maintaining the Club’s golf course to the highest standards that will offer a fair but challenging test of golf for the benefit of members, guests, and visitors. Working closely with the Greens Director, General Manager and Legacy Golf Advisors, the responsibilities of the position are documented below:
- To lead the greenkeeping team in delivering the golf course and surrounds to a consistently high standard.
- Delivering a high standard of playing surface.
- Financial management - proposing an annual budget and managing/forecasting expenditure.
- To initiate programmes of course development under his/her stewardship.
- Achieving effective working relationships and the forming of close working relationships with the leadership team.
- Processes and Policies – to ensure the compliance with the relevant legislation and Club policy documents.
- The proven ability to manage a greenkeeping team effectively, demonstrating a high level of understanding of all relevant policies and procedures to follow.
- The Course Manager will hold a minimum qualification of level 3 NVQ or above in an appropriate technical subject in turf science or equivalent.
- A high level of knowledge and application of health and safety, employment, and other legislation relevant to golf clubs.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, with a proven track record of a customer focussed approach that positively impacts working relationships across wide ranging groups.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Strong leadership and people management skills that result in a motivated and high performing team of employees.
- Sound business acumen, financial literacy and good IT skills
- Understanding of the GEO Certification process would be desirable
- An attractive salary package commensurate with experience and in line with BIGGA guidelines is on offer. There is opportunity for Club accommodation with the role.
To apply candidates should email a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV including references, details of your current remuneration and notice period and ability to relocate if necessary . Closing date for applications is Wednesday 8 December.
Contact: Chris at Legacy Golf Advisors – E:firstname.lastname@example.org ; Mob: 07956 275305