Course Manager - £50k
Ely City Golf Course is a 72 par 6279 yds (6537 yards off the white tees) Henry Cotton designed parkland course located on the outskirts of the city. Opened in 1962, and extended to 18 holes in 1973, the course provides a true test for golfers of all abilities. The course has been consistently rated in the top 5 courses in Cambridgeshire.
A vacancy has arisen to lead our greenkeeping team. We are looking to appoint an outstanding candidate who is looking for a demanding yet rewarding role as our new Course Manager. The successful candidate will need to be focused, driven, and act as a mentor to the greenkeeping team whilst delivering high standards. Reporting to the club manager, you will also work closely with the club’s retained agronomist to plan and develop cultural practices, seasonal programmes, and projects on the course.
The role is very much “hands on” where you’ll be reporting to the club manager and sit on the Course Committee lead by the Course Director.
- Practical greenkeeping skills
- A relevant foundation degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Head Greenkeeper or Course Manager.
- PA1, 2 and 6 spraying certificates
- Chainsaw License
- A broad understanding of managing a golf course in a parkland environment
- Trained and proficient in operating and maintaining heavy and light machinery
- Experience in maintaining irrigation systems
- Proficient in managing a budget in line with a strategic and financial 5 year plan
- Experience in managing employees and conducting personal development plans for all reporting staff.
The desirable skills to add-value to an application include, but are not limited to:
- Play Golf to a reasonable standard
- Have experience in using performance and health monitoring software like Pro-Pitch or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills to help provide content for the club’s social media offering.
- Fundamental understanding of drainage requirements for a clay-based course.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Relocation Budget (Negotiable)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Membership to the course (Non-Voting)
- Company Laptop and Phone
Please apply for the role by emailing the club manager Anthony Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a copy of your latest CV including recent photograph. Closing date Friday 5th November 2021
Start Date February 2022
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process where the club will provide the latest benchmarking data for you to prepare for the interview.