FGC is a 9-hole private members club founded in 1895 with an active and full membership. It is a heathland course, on well-draining soil and is open all year round. We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic course manager following the retirement of our Head Greenkeeper of 49 successful years.
This is an exciting time to join FGC which has ambitions to become one of the best 9-hole courses in the UK. Following the plan set out in the club’s vision statement and Course Masterplan developed by the renowned golf course architect Martin Ebert, we require a dynamic Course Manager to implement the plan and to manage the course to an exemplary standard.
Talent, knowledge, passion and courteousness are key to becoming a member of the FGC team. The successful candidate will be able to access support if needed from Gordon Irvine, a master greenkeeper and will work alongside two other longstanding assistant greenkeepers.
These are the skills, qualifications, experience and attitude you will need in order to be shortlisted for the post.
- At least five years’ experience as a greenkeeper
- NVQ Level 3 in Horticulture or other recognised qualification in this field
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the following areas:
- Turf maintenance machinery
- Methods of pest and disease control
- Irrigation systems
- Use of Fertiliser programmes
- Strong leadership skills and experience of people management
- Finance experience including budget management
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines
- Full driving licence
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Flexibility with working hours to get the job done
- A mature, confident and professional approach
- L2 Maths & English or equivalent
- First aid certification
- Computer literate, in particular the ability to use Microsoft word and excel
Informal enquires and visits welcomed. For more information or to apply please contact the club manager Ellie Walton at ClubManager@FlemptonGolfClub.co.uk
Closing date: 23rd October
Interview date: Week beginning 2nd November